Monday, January 28, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day to Me.......

So, about that last post and having 30+ days before I said bye-bye t0 my civilian life...30+ days has now become 17 days...Yeah yeah yeah, I'm a whiny baby, boo hoo...I think, if I had been properly prepared for this shocking blow to the way I wanted to do things, I'd have been ok, but clearly, that is not the case...

Good news, I got my new contract for Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD, which basically means "bomb squad"), a facet of Navy Special Warfare/Operations, $40,000 signing bonus, and the pride, honor, and glory of knowing you are a member of an elite task force (of course, provided I survive the training; I've set off to mentally prepare myself during the rest of my short time left in SLO, to will myself to just not quit, no matter how hard it gets, to achieve success).
Bad news, apparently they are in such a high demand for EOD and SEALS that they want me ASAP. I guess in order to have me in the next EOD class, I gotta leave for Boot Camp on the 14th of February - what a wonderful v-day for me...sure I didn't have anything planned, but still: hooray : P

So, I was planning to visit friends all over the state, and await the arrival of the Pulliams, but it seems I'm getting extra lessons in sacrifice [I may have to miss 3 or 4 weddings, one of which might be my sister's...], my friends' kids' birthdays, and I just don't know if I'll get to say my "Good-bye's/See you later's" in person or at all...that's just the way I roll, I always try to say "G'bye" before leaving...then again, that's partly why I set up this blog, to document my military journey, share my experiences and stories, to stay connected to y'all and gather your support when I'm on the front lines, quite possibly "saving the world" (one bomb at a time)...

2 comments:

Shan said...

wow...it's coming up, huh! just think...maybe leaving on v-day is a sign. maybe that means you will meet "the one" while you're there. :)
p.s.~i know...i've watched too many chick flick love stories!

Jon Tsui!!!! said...

Maybe ; )
The truth of the matter is, I probably have seen too many in the past and now I have these fairytale mini-drama's in my head about how it will all play out...

And actually, I hear in boot camp, if there is an attractive girl, all things (physically) attractive are stifled until after boot camp, so, let's not get our hopes up until after boot camp ; )