Friday, January 25, 2008

2 Week Notice

With 33 days, and counting down, left to my civilian live, I put in my 2-week-notice at work. Feels pretty good : ) I'm excited, as well as nervous and scared, about moving on with my life. I realize that, while being there for my friends is a huge priority to me, I can't put my own life on hold for every event of everyone else's life, as we all inevitably move on with life and some may have to break away to do whatever God puts before them...perhaps a lesson in sacrifice?

Anyway, I'm headed to LA Sunday/Monday, staying at the Westin, and then on to the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) to prove my vision is solid, and draw up a contract that I wasn't eligible for with my pre-LASIK vision. There's a small possibility that that could postpone my shipout date of Feb. 28, but I doubt it - if anything, they'd want me sooner than later. So it's probably safe to say that I'll definitely be gone by the 28th, but there's a very small chance that it could also be a little bit later...we'll see!!

2 comments:

Pulliams said...

We're looking forward to having our little man meet our buff asian friend. Maybe you can even teach him how to ride a bull. I hope you'll be home between the time we get there, your fabulous roadtrip, and your navy business. We'll let you know as soon as we're there but count on the 15th!

Shan said...

hey john, go check my blog entry i did about you. a girl named laura left a comment saying that she's single...i don't know her (except for looking at her blog), but she seems nice! go check out her comment and click on the link to her blog.
p.s.~i would be so excited if we found your wife thru my blog! :)